We want your membership with Matchmakers to be as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. Joining Matchmakers has many benefits in terms of your personal security. All of our members have been interviewed, ID checked and carefully vetted. You will also have the help and support of one of our Personal Matchmakers throughout your membership, trained professionals who know and understand dating really well. We also enforce our own Client Code of Conduct : we expect all members to conduct themselves at all times in a courteous and considerate way in their dealings with other members and with the Matchmakers team. The traditional values of courtesy and respect are still very much appreciated and expected.
It’s important that members have a blueprint to follow, and we recommend the following basic safety precautions be followed by our Matchmakers clients:
- Don’t give the details of your home address for any reason and ideally, provide us with a mobile rather than a landline number to pass on to other members of the agency, (we only pass on your contact number with your express approval).
- Arrange to use your own transport when meeting someone for the first time and ensure you are meeting somewhere away from your home and somewhere with other people around such as a café or bar, rather than an isolated location.
- Report any unwanted behaviour. If someone who we have introduced to you has been discourteous, please let us know about it. Your feedback is always welcome and helps us to maintain a good service to our clients.
- Its best to tell a friend you are going – let them know where you are going and at what time you have arranged to meet someone new.
- Stay connected – do make sure your mobile phone is with you on a date and that it is charged.
- Dating fraud is sadly an all too common a problem through on line dating websites – it is sadly, surprisingly easy for anyone to fall for a fraudster with the lure of romance to silence those alarm bells. If anyone asks for money from you or to see your bank account details, please be aware that whatever the reason, this is a worrying sign. Never give money or gifts and never provide banking or credit card details.
Our expectation is, that if you follow our guidelines then you will be able to enjoy meeting some wonderful new people and get a huge amount of enjoyment out of your membership. Hopefully the end result will be that you find that really special person through us. But please be aware of the dangers of meeting new people too.
Please click on the following link to read ‘Dating Safely’ guidelines, as provided by the Dating Agency Association – Dating Safely.